Thursday, April 3, 2008

Easter

Callie running for the next egg!



How do I get my basket and myself down?




After our baskets were all full



Dressed in our Easter Sunday best! (Where did my baby go? She is so grown up!)

I love the Easter season. The Monday before Easter for FHE we watched the Finding Faith in Christ video. Colton told me after we watched it that he never wants to watch it again. When I questioned why, he said, "because I have done things that has hurt Jesus' body and that makes me sad." So it was a great opportunity to reinforce trying to always choose the right. I'm always amazed at some of the things little children can understand. We tried to point out that because of the resurrection, Christ is alive and has made it possible for us all to be resurrected and live with him again someday.

I tried really hard this year in Primary, to make Easter all about Christ and not the Easter Bunny. I handed out little bags with a easter pencil and eraser, a poem about Christ, and a picture of Christ. I was sure not to include any candy. Needless to say, my kids came home with a bunch of candy!

We did the traditional easter egg hunt in the backyard. Callie actually had the hang of it this year and was excited to find each egg. Colton had fun finding the eggs that were trickier to find. I had to tell Colton that the Easter Bunny always hid an egg in the BBQ when I was a little girl and sure enough, the last egg found was in the BBQ! The Easter Bunny was very kind to them and left them a lot of candy (and licorice - their favorite)!

That evening, we ended up over at my parent's house for the traditional ham easter dinner. Great food as always. All the grandkids were able to have another easter egg hunt there, and all got more candy and toys. We love living close to family and being able to spend the holidays with them.

No comments: