Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Colton is 5!

For journaling purposes, I am still trying to play catch up!


Colton turned five on August 30th. I can hardly believe it has been five years since we welcomed this little boy, as the first child, into our home. He can be very sensitive and sweet. He loves to snuggle with me for naptime, or before going to bed. He tries hard to please his sister, and is always telling me how cute she is. He has a great imagination, and is very inquisitive. We love how his energy always keeps us on our toes. There is never a dull moment with Colton around! We love you Colton!

We first celebrated with my family at my parent's house for a Sunday night get together. Jamie's son, Bryan, turned 7 on the 27th, so we had a joint celebration. We had dinner, cake & ice cream, and opened gifts. They each got their own little cake, courtesy of Jamie. Of course, Colton's was a train cake - his favorite ride at Disneyland is the train the goes around the park! Bryan had an army cake.

The next day, we went with my family to Makutu's Island in Chandler. It is a great indoor treehouse/playground, with gigantic slides, bridges, zip lines, etc. Kids and adults can climb and play. There is this one huge covered slide that is super steep, that even makes me a little nervous to go down, but it is fun. The kids had a lot of fun chasing each other through the treehouse, and racing each other down the slides. Colton scraped and bloodied his leg all the way from his knee, down to his ankle on a piece of grip tape as he was climbing a ladder. On the ride home he got this sad look on his face and said, "I never want to go there again. That place just beats me up." After we talked a little, he decided he did have a lot of fun, and would want to go back sometime. Jamie's kids got friction burns on one of the slides on a previous visit, and were prepared to come in jeans and turtlenecks. Jamie convinced them otherwise, being that it was August!



Thursday was his actual birthday and we had Nate's family over to our house. We did the same old dinner, cake and ice cream, and presents. This time Colton had a Spiderman cake. We used strawberry frosting and we tried to use food coloring to make the frosting red instead of light pink, but it turned out bright pink instead. Colton does ask me on occasion if it is okay if he likes the color pink, so he didn't mind the bright pink Spiderman cake. We enjoyed the night.

Colton had his 5 year well check with Dr. Chang. Health wise, everything was looking good. These are his stats: Height 43 inches (5oth percentile), Weight 37.8 pounds (25th percentile) and 20/40 vision. He is such a skinny little boy! He was a GIGANTIC baby though. Supposedly if he continues on this growth curve, the doctor says he will be 5'10" and 140 pounds as an adult. Sounds like he'll be just as skinny as his dad was in high school! We'll have to see if it really is true!

2 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

Happy Birthday to Colton back in August! I love the Spiderman cake Julie. You look great and your kids are just way too cute!

Kari said...

Happy birthday to Colton! I remember seeing you in the hospital right after I had Caleb. Fun times! Hey, I had made my blog private. Email me at scrapbookingmama@cox.net and I'll send you an invite!