Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Callie - a.k.a. Busybody

Callie has been quite the little busybody over the last day. Last night she had taken my oven mitts, had them on her hands, and was calling them her "puppets". I was okay with this. Then the next thing I know, I look over at her, and this is what I see:


I just started laughing. I guess her feet were chilly or something! She had just had a bath so her feet were pretty clean, however my tile floor is a different story. I think I am going to be investing in new oven mitts very soon. (Don't mind that the mitts themselves were already filthy - I have been due for a new pair for a while now:)

This morning I was in shower and Callie comes in crying and saying, "nose, nose." She can't stand to have the slightest little booger in her nose, or be sniffly at all. I knew she needed a kleenex, but this was a problem because we were the only two at home, and I was in the shower. I proceed to tell her to get "a little piece of toilet paper" to wipe her nose. She heads to the TP, and a minute or so later, she so proudly says, "I did it! I did it mom!" She goes off on her merry way. I finish my shower and step out to discover this:

I couldn't get too upset with her, since I had told her to do it - and she was so proud of herself for making her nose feel better. (Note the empty toilet paper roll in the background. Disregard the dirty shower door!)


Callie has such a tender heart. She is always saying, "Oh, thank you mommy!" for things that I don't even expect her to say thank you for - like combing her hair, or putting a new shirt on her, etc. Neither of my kids have ever climbed out of their crib, which still amazes me because they both love to climb. I guess it never occured to them to try to get out of their crib. Well, Nate has been wanting to change Callie's crib over to a toddler bed for quite a while. I have been resisting because that means she'll have freedom - being able to get out of bed whenever she wants. (I mostly feared naptime.) However, we took the plunge a few weeks ago and she LOVES her new big girl bed! She still has been sleeping good at night (has yet to come out in the middle of the night!) and will still just go lay down in her bed and fall asleep at naptime. What a good little girl! She absolutely loves stuffed animals. Everyday she sleeps with a dog, horse, bunny, Pooh bear, Mickey, 2 sheep she calls "mommy" and "daddy", a burp cloth, and 1 or 2 blankets. I don't know how she even fits or has room to sleep with all those crammed into her little bed. She takes inventory every time she is going to sleep and definitely lets you know if something is missing. I guess it just helps her feel secure in her bed. What a silly litle girl she is!







3 comments:

Kari said...

how cute Jules! She is a doll. That's so good you dont have to fight her on the nap schedule. Oh, and I did see your sis at my doctor's appointment. When is she due? I have to be pregnant at the same time with someone in your family. :)

Katie said...

She is SO beautiful! She sounds so sweet and wonderful! I want one of her!

Summertime Designs said...

Yeah Julie! You're back! Callie is such a pretty little girl. And I love the story about the toilet paper being used as tissue. I'm sure with the amount that she used that she got her nose good and clean! And I LOVE the oven mitts story. If you haven't bought new ones yet, I love these ones that Wal-Mart has. The outside feels more like a towel, but they are so thick that you KNOW your hands won't get burned!