Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Callie's a big kid now!

Callie's big girl bed
Colton's room - fit for a train/truck/car lover!
Nate made the mats and pict. frames for these 3 pictures.
Dining Room
Living Room
We did it! We decided that since we aren't going to be having any babies around our house anytime soon (that's another story!), that we would try to officially put up all the baby stuff around our house. This included Callie's crib/toddler bed. This past weekend we put up her "big girl bed" and she absolutely loves it! She has not had any trouble sleeping and hasn't even fallen off the bed. I really didn't want to put the bed rail on, unless we really needed to, and so far so good. When I was decorating Callie's room when she was a baby, I wanted to do a room that could grow with her. I searched and searched, and managed to find a twin bedspread that matched well with her wall border from her crib set, so I didn't even have to do any redecorating. I think her room turned out very cute and girly! Colton was jealous of me taking pict. of Callie's room and not his, so I snuck in a few of his room also. His room should be able to grow with him for quite a few more years too.

This past fall, we finally finished painting and decorating our living room and dining room. It only took us 4 years! When we moved into the house, they were both completely empty for quite a while. I'm no interior decorator, but I thought I'd post the final results. Any decorator's out there, feel free to give me advice.

In December, I had some medical things happen with me which has made us postpone our next child for a while. My doctor called me at home one day and said, "I'm not telling you that you should probably wait a while to get pregnant, I'm telling you, you NEED to wait." He says I need to wait six months before we try for another child, while other things I read say to wait at least one year. I have always wanted my children about 3 years apart, but obviously Heavenly Father had a different plan. Callie will be at least 4+ years old by the time our 3rd child could come along. Part of me is sad that things didn't go as WE planned, but that's okay. I am looking forward to the positive aspects of it such as: getting Callie potty trained so we can be diaper free, no more toting around a diaper bag like I have for the last 5+ years, and a little free time to myself when Callie will go to preschool in the fall and Colton will be in all day kindergarten. I appear to be perfectly healthy at this time and have faith that this will continue. My dear sweet husband was so wonderful through everything. He finished up all the christmas shopping, made and passed out salsa to all the neighbors, sent out the christmas cards, took great care of the kids, and did anything else I asked him to do. I love you Nate! I was hoping to send out a little letter with our christmas cards, but that didn't happen with everything else we had go on. Maybe this coming year we will be more on top of things!

5 comments:

Summertime Designs said...

Your kids' rooms look SOOOO cute! And I just love the beadboard in Callie's room! And you SHOULD be an interior decorator! You don't need advice from anyone out there...I love your style. I love the pictures at the Salt Lake Temple and your trip to Disneyland as well. My girls are in bed right now, so tomorrow I am going to show them the picture of Cinderella's castle! I am so sorry about whatever health concerns you are going through right now. It sounds like your faith will get you through the trying times, and I agree with you that the Lord has a plan for you. He's got a time table for you, and everything is going to work out perfect! That was so great of Nate to take care of you during Christmas and do all those errands. And no worries about not sending out a letter...I didn't send one, and I was perfectly healthy! Next year I'll be more on the ball too!

Kari said...

Your kids rooms are so cute! Great job! You guys have been busy. I love all the pictures. I'm sad we won't be having our 3rd babies together, we were so on track with our first two! ha ha. Don't worry though, everything will work out just fine. You have the best attitude. :) Love ya Jules!

Katie said...

All your trips look so fun and great! I love your kids rooms too! Your house is beautiful! One of these days we should really go out to dinner with you guys! Tell Nate to call Chris and plan it! Or I'll get Chris to call Nate.

Chase & Chelsea Corley said...

Hey sis! We have one now. Maybe you will update yours more often now. Love you, see you soon!

Chelsea

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.